Friday, June 19, 2015

Day 1 Wallis to Edmond,OK

Day 1 was supposed to consist of going to work, giving the man a few hours  and leaving from my work early enough to miss the god awful traffic in Dallas. For reasons beyond my control that just didn't happen. I headed out about noon still worried about my packing list, routes, and campsite planning that was still not completed. Below is most of the gear that's loaded on the bike . Plus my tools, rain gear, visor , and such that stay on the bike.
 
 
 
 
I ended up leaving my house right after noon. It was just late enough to arrive in Ft Worth at 5:01 PM. If everything went well I was supposed to arrive at my sisters house about 8 ish. Well ....A few rocks fell on the shoulder of I35. One of them actually rolled in the street. Rather than put a cone up or move the rock the state of Oklahoma shut down the interstate. I did point out to the guy directing traffic that I was indeed on an "adventure" bike and could easily finagle my way through a simple rock slide. He wasn't having it. Move along..Yea...Yea down that long windy road with the other 300 sheeple. Then there was the Red River. It was at full capacity and they had some more yahoos making sure everyone passed in a single file . I ended up making it to my sister's after 9. They let me throw the bike in the garage , I poured some whiskey over ice  and visited with the family. I even got to listen to my brother-in-law make a few jokes about how he's nailing my sister. Oh it was like old times.
 
 
 
 

1 comment: